The No Burn Pilipinas (NBP) has launched a sequel on its online action and social media campaign against bills on Waste to Energy (WTE).
The group invites everyone to join the digital protest tomorrow, June 30, 2020, in time for the 4th Senate Energy Technical Working Group meeting. The TWG meeting will be livestreamed on the Senate of the Philippines Youtube account.
How to Join:
Participants are encouraged to shoot a video with the following information:
- Introduce yourself and your organization.
- State your cause and call out on the Senate or the Senators using these suggested slogans:
– “Tutol AKO sa waste incineration!”
– “Nananawagang, Waste to Energy Bill, ibasura!”
– “Waste Incineration, huwag payagan!”
– “Waste incineration projects ibasura, hustisyang pang-klima, ngayon na!”
- Save your video, upload on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the following hashtags: #NoToIncineration #IncinerationKills #BreakFreeFromPlastic
- You can send the video to NBP facebook page or email them to: email@example.com by Monday.
Tips in taking your videos:
- Film/Shoot in horizontal orientation
- Use a Tripod if possible
- Shoot videos within/inside the frame
The #breakfreefromplastic is a global movement working towards a future free from plastic pollution. The BFFP Philippines project is a collaboration of #breakfreefromplastic members EcoWaste Coalition, GAIA Asia Pacific, Greenpeace Southeast Asia, Health Care Without Harm Southeast Asia and Mother Earth Foundation.