Drawinxs Wednesday editorial cartoon for March 31 shares an acronym that has become part of the daily life of Filipinos – ECQ or Enhanced Community Quarantine.
In Iloilo City, Mayor Jerry P. Treñas signed Executive Order (EO) No. 029 for additional measures to prevent the surge of Covid-19 infection over the Holy Week.
The EO said that no gatherings and conduct of religious activities shall be allowed outside the church and/or venue. It also suspended the operations of beaches, resorts, waterparks, and game arcades until 11:59 P.M. of April 4, 2021.
ECQ in NCR++
One year after the first community lockdown, President Rodrigo Duterte once again placed Metro Manila and neighboring provinces in a enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) March 29 to April 4, 2021 – a Holy Week in the Philippines because of new round of spike of Coronavirus disease.
The Department of Health (DOH) reported 9,595 new cases last Saturday and which brought up active cases to a total of 118,122.
Being on ECQ means that all households must observe strict home quarantine. Mobility is limited to Authorized Persons Outside Residence, persons accessing essential goods and services, and workers in establishments that are allowed to operate.
Mass gatherings is prohibited in ECQ zones which means not more than 10 persons outside and non-household members indoors is allowed to assemble. Mass transportation continues but only a limited capacity is allowed.
You can now wear your favorite Drawinxs editorial cartoon by going to https://printacoph.com/collections. See samples below.
Essential guidelines under the ECQ are the following:
- Dining establishments for take-out and delivery only
- The government and the private sector may resume essential and priority constructions projects, so long as they follow the guidelines issues by the Department of Public Works and Highways;
- People aged below 18 and above 65, people with comorbidities, and pregnant women will not be allowed to go out, unless they need to either obtain essential goods and services or work in office;
- Travel and quarantine passes no longer needed;
- Full operation of public and private hospitals; health, emergency, and front-line services; manufacturers of medicines and medical supplies; agriculture, forestry; and fishery; and delivery and courier services transporting food, medicine, or other essential goods is allowed within NCR Plus;
- Private establishments offering essential goods and services, as well as media establishments, can operate at 50 percent capacity.
- Other establishments that can adopt a skeleton workforce include dental clinics, optometry clinics, pharmacies, veterinary clinics, banks, money transfer services, telecommunications companies, manufacturing firms, funeral and embalming services, and security personnel.